Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How I Met...Your Baba

Its funny how I realized that I needed to write this post after a few posts has gone in. But then again, its never too late to get it up either.

Fate. That was what brought us together, me and your Baba.

We met through a mutual acquaintance (or so we thought) but the important thing here is, we met. I, at first, contemplated on even being friends with him. Why? Geez..I don't even know the answer. Maybe because I was just trying to be hard on him (and myself in the process). But a nudge and a wise word from your Aunt Faizah, made me think twice, and I took her advice to give both your Baba and myself a chance.

I was determined to show him my real self. Because at 31, I had no time to go into long courtships. This is who I am, and how I am, so there. He took me really well. Your Baba is really good at remaining composed. Showing emotions openly is a no-no. So, he sized me up and I think deep down I made sense to him.

By the time we decided to bring the friendship to a more serious level, both of us had I believe internally decided that we were going to get married.

The usual hurdles faced by lovers (like me and Baba) made the journey to the altar even more adventurous and fulfilling. Hurdles such as what? Ohh..the usual questions which both I and your Baba will probably ask you and your potential partner, such as "are you sure he/she is the one?", "have you thought is over really-really well?" "Is he/she compatible with our family background? not too rich, too poor.." etc.

We "expertly" convinced your grandparents that no one else would do. So, after 5 months of courting, we were engaged, and 6 months after that proudly pronounced man and wife by your late Tok Wan Omar.

It has since then been a wonderful journey with your Baba who is a wonderful, loving man. Allah gave me what I needed as oppose to what I want. He gave me someone who will listen to me and look after us very very well. Your Baba is funny yet firm, strong yet gentle, silly yet wise, protective yet knows when I need some private space, and most of all, I love him for loving me as I am.

I hope one day, you too will find a man who will love you as much as he loves us. Amin.




No comments:

Post a Comment