Friday, January 8, 2010

The Day End Dilemma

Everyday, without avail, I would be asked this question.

"Sayang, what do you want to have for dinner?"

My reaction would be a lame face, " I don't know..."

Seriously. By the time we reach home, it'll be around 8pm. Too late for me to fix something from scratch. I had ambitiously wanted to plan a home cooked meal for us, but alas, time is my enemy and so is tiredness and laziness.

Lucky for me, my man is not a picky eater. But I so pity him sometimes. Sorry dear, I try to cook more during the weekends, okay?

My late mom used to call me in the afternoons while I was at work just to know what she should cook for dinner that day. She's be very happy if I come up with some easy meals for her to prepare and most importantly something she has not cooked for the last two weeks. Easy for me. All I had to do then was sit down and eat. Hehehhe...

But now, being a wife and mother myself, and the desire to prepare a good meal for the family eats me up every day. After all a good meal is a key to a good life...

No comments:

Post a Comment